recent posts

Three steps above Heaven Movie Review




Definitely on the top of my list!

I am a sucker for movies, especially romantic and drama genres. I accidentally watched an italian movie called "Tres metros sobre el cielo" Three steps above heaven which narrates a young couple's love.

The first time I watched it tree times in a row and I still couldn't understand it. It was dubbed in Portuguese but I still could feel how touching the movie was. I hate dubbed movies because they kill the spark but this one managed to still have an impact on me.

I felt in love with them...H is a rebel without a cause type of boy, although he thinks he has a reason to have a complicated character. I don't think it was strong enough for all that drama. H found out his mom was cheating on his dad with another guy, so he beats up the guy and is sentenced to community hours and some stuff to prevent him from committing any crimes.

The only thing I thought was really shady, was the fact that his mom didn't defend him. When his family started worrying about his behaviour and aggressive attitude towards an unknown guy, she calmly said she didn't know why. That's the only scene that explains all those monsters in his head. His mom was a liar.

To avoid all his nonsense issues H spends most of his days with his friends and motor racing. His life is all about parties and having fun, he is definitely popular.

On the other side of the story, there is Babi...I felt in love with her because of her name and naive personality. Babi follows all the rules and everything her mom says (which made her turn out like her in the end). The first time H saw each her  he called her "ugly", trying to tease he. Babi is from a conservative family, or maybe it's just her mother she represents the whole family. She has a lot of principles and moral values and is the type of girl who makes lists of how the future should be.

I don't understand why every review describes their story like they have different backgrounds or social class differences. Both Babi and H are from a wealthy family. The only problem is H, that's all. H's choices and compulsive behavior just ruined everything.

So how they met? Of course, there's always the crazy best friend, and they both have one. Babi's crazy bestfriend Katina and H's crazy bestfriend Pollo start dating and finally H and Babi start spending some time together.

As time goes by their changes are noticeable, Babi shows another side of her, more adventurous and bold. There's a scene that she was really violent to a H's ex girlfriend. Even though she was changing, her true personality calm and sweet was melting H's heart and every time he had an aggressive behaviour she would make him calm down.

On one hand , Babi was strong and capable of comforting H, on the other hand H protected and cared for Babi like she was the only thing that mattered in the world. The way he hugged her,  kissed her and treated her like she was the most precious thing to him. And every time she screamed about something stupid he did, he would just shut up, like he really respected her.

Babi and H were magic, I believed in their love and I wanted they to stay together. But I guess separating them was the author trying to to make a statement that the genre of the movie was drama and not a romantic comedy. After all the scenes presenting their love as something endless, in the end there was an actually end.

It was obvious that the main character was H and all the issues surrounding him. His bestfriend dies trying to prove something to him or something like that and H almost has a breakdown with his death. The perfect and "put together" Babi doesn't show a tear or empathy towards the accident and blames H for everything. They end with a fight. And that was it!

The movie makes it clears that H was the problem, the bad guy with all the wrong reasons and Babi had to avoid that kind of drama to live her perfect life. To be honest, for me, H was perfect. He was a grown and honest man and knew what wanted more from life. I could see more from H than what the movie showed us. Or maybe that was the purpose of the movie, to see H behind his flaws.

He protected his family, hiding the truth about his mom. He cared for his best friend like a brother. His conversation with Babi's dad demonstrated how mature and confident about love he was. Even though he had anger issues I couldn't help to see how sensitive he was. H was amazing!

Babi was gorgeous, a different kind of beauty, the the type that you can only see after knowing her or hearing her laugh. It was good to see a good girl changing and becoming a woman. But she was weak.

Three steps above the heaven made me fall in love with the scenarios, the lights, the perfect lines/quotes, and how intense love actually is. It had that sexually and mysterious touch like french movies and a bit of life and adrenaline like brazilian movies.


Lunga Izata


Photo credit: https://weheartit.com/entry/191969093
Three steps above Heaven Movie Review Three steps above Heaven Movie Review Reviewed by Anônimo on abril 11, 2014 Rating: 5

Nenhum comentário:

top navigation

Tecnologia do Blogger.

About me

I am willing to share my own stories and use my platform to talk about movies, books, music, volunteering, traveling and relationships.

My first publication was a fiction novel ‘Sem Valor’ (meaning Worthless) where I addressed autism and prostitution; wrote a short-fiction story ‘Hello. My name is Thulani’ featured on ‘Aerial 2018’ about transgender issues and represents an allegory of identity crisis, meaning everyone is in transition to something; co-authored with six African authors on a motivational book ‘Destiny Sagacity’ about the power of destiny; my memoir ‘The story is about me’ tells my adventures volunteering in Uganda and staying with a family in the village of Wakiso; and my recent offering “Read my Book’ is a fictional approach to apartheid.

Formulário de contato

Nome

E-mail *

Mensagem *

Pesquisar este blog

Featured Post

Featured Post

Translate

Popular Posts