recent posts

A fan letter to Malorie Blackman...Author of Noughts and Crosses


Dear Mrs. Malorie Blackman, 

I hope this letter finds you in good health, excellent mood and abundant happiness. As for me, I am just praying that one day you come across this and your majesty graciously consent and approve this request. 

My name is Lunga and I am writing this letter to express my utmost love and admiration for you. I read “Noughts and Crosses” six or five years ago and I saw it as a revolution in writing, not only because of the exceptional script of a reverse world of blacks and whites, their love or their bravery but how you allowed us to transport ourselves to another dimension by listening to their thoughts. The fact that they were both narrators and I could hear them made the novel so real. 

There is this scene that Sephy and Callum were kissing, and Sephy says/thinks “Like if we could just love long enough and hard enough and deep enough, then the world outside would never, could never hurt us.” I felt my soul shivering. It said everything I wanted to say, everything I have longed for on this earth. There’re so many things that I want to mention that really shaped me and made me realize writing and film is my life. I believe that true happiness is the simple act of watching a movie of the book you once read. 

There are scenes that you definitely broke all the boundaries. For instance, how Callum’s sister wanted to be darker…Wow! It sent a message to us blacks to love ourselves. For you to send such an encrypted and strong message through fiction, it speaks volumes. I am a true believer that writers are angels sent from above with the intent to make the world better. 

Since the day I finished the book, I can still hear Sephy calling Callum when he was about to be hanged. And the fact that you allowed us to know his last thoughts and her last thoughts when she was about to lose the love of her life, was breathtaking. Been a victim of so many losses, I always wondered what they were thinking before passing. Thanks for creating Sephy and Callum. Thanks for existing.

Fiction is hope and it has been my solace when I was almost losing my bipolar self. And your work has been life changing for me and truly an inspiration to create my first trilogy “Read my book”. I believe a trilogy is more kind to we avid readers, it makes the characters live longer. ‘Read my book’ tells the story of Jodi Collins, a white girl who falls in love with a much older black man. Familiar, right? 

“Noughts and crosses” was a genius piece, though reading it, I was able to see your gift, passion, creativity and work ethic. If you are reading this, I humbly ask you to consider giving me the privilege to work with you. If by any chance in the near future, you need an intern or an assistant, I would like to come work with you for some time, wherever you are and whatever masterpiece you are working on please. I will sponsor myself and I won’t disturb you in any way. 
 

Kindly allow me to be part of your vicinity.
 Kind Regards

 Lunga  

 

A fan letter to Malorie Blackman...Author of Noughts and Crosses A fan letter to Malorie Blackman...Author of Noughts and Crosses Reviewed by Lunga Noélia Izata on junho 19, 2020 Rating: 5

Nenhum comentário:

top navigation

Tecnologia do Blogger.

About me

I am willing to share my own stories and use my platform to talk about movies, books, music, volunteering, traveling and relationships.

My first publication was a fiction novel ‘Sem Valor’ (meaning Worthless) where I addressed autism and prostitution; wrote a short-fiction story ‘Hello. My name is Thulani’ featured on ‘Aerial 2018’ about transgender issues and represents an allegory of identity crisis, meaning everyone is in transition to something; co-authored with six African authors on a motivational book ‘Destiny Sagacity’ about the power of destiny; my memoir ‘The story is about me’ tells my adventures volunteering in Uganda and staying with a family in the village of Wakiso; and my recent offering “Read my Book’ is a fictional approach to apartheid.

Formulário de contato

Nome

E-mail *

Mensagem *

Pesquisar este blog

Featured Post

Featured Post

Translate

Popular Posts