recent posts

According to Greta...short movie review

This movie is one of those that I can watch several times. The main character is completely insane, she has a lot of issues but she tries avoid them by acting really aggressive and being a 'bitch'.
Greta is a teenager who wants to die, it may come across as she being childish and wanting attention but she has her reasons. They might not be enough for most of people but during your teenagers years it really can make anyone have suicidal thoughts. I completely understand her because life sometimes can make you want to disappear forever.



Here are the reasons: One - She thinks growing up is really sad because after your teenager's years are gone everything is boring and too complicated and according to her, elderly people are not happy and they are just waiting to die, so she thinks its better to die now that she is young and had the best years of her life than living with the weight of the age; two - her mother cares more about her romantic relationships than her and sent her to spend the summer with her grandpas; three - which is actually the main reason, her dad committed a suicide.



This movie is so relatable, it shows real people going through things, not the usual "good girl with no flaws". You can really tell she is going through a lot. She is really hurt by her father committing suicide, she feels like she was not a reason enough for him to live, and that he didn't love her. I think that's the worst feeling ever, knowing that your own father didn't love you or didn't care enough about you.




While staying with her grandpas, she learns that there is more to life and that things are not so bad. She meets a guy who has been through worse times than her and still values life, he helps her grow and makes her understand that she should be grateful to be alive.




According to Greta...short movie review According to Greta...short movie review Reviewed by Anônimo on abril 12, 2013 Rating: 5

Nenhum comentário:

top navigation

Tecnologia do Blogger.

About me

I am willing to share my own stories and use my platform to talk about movies, books, music, volunteering, traveling and relationships.

My first publication was a fiction novel ‘Sem Valor’ (meaning Worthless) where I addressed autism and prostitution; wrote a short-fiction story ‘Hello. My name is Thulani’ featured on ‘Aerial 2018’ about transgender issues and represents an allegory of identity crisis, meaning everyone is in transition to something; co-authored with six African authors on a motivational book ‘Destiny Sagacity’ about the power of destiny; my memoir ‘The story is about me’ tells my adventures volunteering in Uganda and staying with a family in the village of Wakiso; and my recent offering “Read my Book’ is a fictional approach to apartheid.

Formulário de contato

Nome

E-mail *

Mensagem *

Pesquisar este blog

Featured Post

Featured Post

Translate

Popular Posts