recent posts

This woman's work SONG REVIEW




I am really into music, lyrics, quotes and life stories. I am writing to express my interest in a particular song called "This woman's work". When I listen to a song for the first time and I instantly fall in love with it, I just cant stop listening to it. I can do it everyday, every hour, every second, and my friends tell me all the time that is annoying. Anyways the point is, I really like the song and I would like to express how the lyrics affects me.

So the song is about a guy who is worried about loosing his pregnant woman. He says that she has a "little (baby) life" inside of her and because of that she should be strong and try to survive in sake of their child. He mentions that he should be crying but he rathers hope for the best.

Also he states that they should have said and done things but they didn't. The thing is he regrets not enjoying the time when she was ok and still he is not ready to let her go. And he pleads  "make it go away", he wants this tragedy to be over.

I don't know why I decided to review this song but it has been in mind for a week. Sometimes I cry and remember things that I didn't say or do that I wanted to.  The point is if you love someone never let her/him go, hold them very tight; if you have something to say say it, forget about pride or shame, because those things don't matter; if you want to do something, something that you always dreamed about and you are too scared, don't be afraid, everything is possible.

Since I am talking about songs, there is another one that I would like to mention. The song is called "Coisas que eu sei"  (Things that I know) and there is a line that says : "o medo mora perto das ideas loucas" 'fear lives near crazy ideas'; it means that fear only exists when you think about something big and powerful, something that takes courage to do it. Do whatever you want and whenever you want; say whatever you want and whenever you want! LOL


By the way I love Maxwell's voice and the way he sings you can tell he is definitely suffering.

Lunga Izata



Photo credit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkeCNeHcmXY
This woman's work SONG REVIEW This woman's work SONG REVIEW Reviewed by Anônimo on abril 12, 2013 Rating: 5

Nenhum comentário:

top navigation

Tecnologia do Blogger.

About me

I am willing to share my own stories and use my platform to talk about movies, books, music, volunteering, traveling and relationships.

My first publication was a fiction novel ‘Sem Valor’ (meaning Worthless) where I addressed autism and prostitution; wrote a short-fiction story ‘Hello. My name is Thulani’ featured on ‘Aerial 2018’ about transgender issues and represents an allegory of identity crisis, meaning everyone is in transition to something; co-authored with six African authors on a motivational book ‘Destiny Sagacity’ about the power of destiny; my memoir ‘The story is about me’ tells my adventures volunteering in Uganda and staying with a family in the village of Wakiso; and my recent offering “Read my Book’ is a fictional approach to apartheid.

Formulário de contato

Nome

E-mail *

Mensagem *

Pesquisar este blog

Featured Post

Featured Post

Translate

Popular Posts